Since it began in November 2011, there have been several articles about Tom Thomson’s Last Spring, my true-to-life Twitter account recounting the last days of my life which ended (as most believe) on July 8, 1917.
The most recent article was in the Globe and Mail, July 3rd, 2018 online and July 7th, 2018 print edition. Author, tweeter is Canadian artist Tom Thomson’s kindred spirit
The next recent article was in the Ottawa Citizen:
In his first book, Ottawa author Tim Bouma channels seminal Canadian painter Tom Thomson
Below is a list of notable media mentions and blog entries from 2012 to 2015.
- May 2012, the Globe and Mail Arts Section published: Tom Thomson’s Final Weeks, Relived on Twitter . Thanks to this article, it kicked the @TTLastSpring into high gear.
- July 2012, the CBC published the article: Twitter Experiment Celebrates Tom Thomson Online
- July 2012 Cottage Life published: Tom Thomson: An Unfinished Story on Twitter.
There also have been numerous blog articles:
- The Value of Heritage in Canada: Tom Thomson and the Internet is a very fine blog entry about the impact of personal stories being much greater than the textbook style.
- The Suspense and Mystery of an Algonquin Death written by Jenn Kerr. This blog describes my seven possible fates ranging from accidental death, murder and disappearance.
- All A-Twitter for Tom Thomson a guest blog written by artist, Katie Ohlke
- Tweeting a Mystery – A Walk in Algonquin Park by Jenn Kerr.
- Dead Artists Who Tweet by Linda Cote Studio
- The Murky Marshes of Memory and Conjecture on the Canadian Spirit Blog.
During the summer and early fall of 2013, I have been:
- Written into the play Assassinating Thomson by Bruce Horak
- Cited in a Huffington Post Article, Tom Thomson Haunts Us Still by shortlisted poet, Kevin Irie. His book Viewing Tom Thomson: A Minority Report has been nominated for the Toronto Book Awards
- Published as the lead story in the ebook anthology, Canadian Spirit Writing Challenge 2013
- Mentioned in the Toronto Star Article, Snowshoeing Toronto in Tom Thomson’s footsteps by Shawn Micalleff
In the summer of 2014
- An article in Quill and Quire about Tom Thomson’s death tweets being turned into manuscript.
In the spring of 2015
- A headline article in the Ottawa Citizen about Keeping Tom Thomson Alive.
In the summer of 2016
- A feature article in the Globe and Mail about the authenticity of mysterious Tom Thomson sketch
In the spring and summer of 2017, the one-hundredth anniversary of Tom’s disappearance
- CBC Ottawa Morning Radio: Tracking Tom Thomson’s last spring in Algonquin Park, a century later Audio is here
- CBC Radio Q: Why the 100-year-old mystery of Tom Thomson’s death lives on
- Kitchissippi Times: Follow Tom Thomson’s Last Spring
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write an article or blog entry. As more become available, I will add the links to this page.